Before you visit Taiwan, please check your visa requirements and make sure you have a valid visa. The nationals of the following countries are eligible for the visa exemption program ：
Countries eligible for Visa-exempt entry
- Nationals of Malaysia, Thailand, Brunei and Singapore are eligible for the visa exemption program for a stay of not more than 30 days.
- Nationals of the following countries can visit Taiwan visa-free for a stay of not more than 90 days entry:
Vatican City State
- A passport with validity of at least six months upon entry.
Visa-exempt entry only applies to foreign visitors holding formal passports (i.e. ordinary, official/service and diplomatic passports), not including those holding emergency, temporary, other informal passports or travel documents.
Japanese passport holders with their passports valid for more than 3 months are eligible for visa-exempt entry.
US passport (including emergency passport) holders with their passports valid for the period of intended stay are eligible for visa-exempt entry.
- A confirmed return air/sea ticket or an air/sea ticket and a visa for the next destination, and a confirmed seat reservation for departure.
- Not determined by immigration officers at ports of entry in the ROC to be otherwise inadmissible.
Taiwan Ministry of Foreign Affairs now provides e-Visa for delegates to attend VII International Conference of Mammoths and Their Relatives and we are obliged to apply the e-code for you which is an important key while you apply the e-Visa.
If you would like to apply for the e-Visa, please provide the following required documents (clear and legible) by email to the ICMR 2017 Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org before August 21th, 2017.
- Passport copy
- Flight itinerary (issued by an airline company or travel agency)
- Hotel reservation (issued by a hotel or travel agency)
Once your e-Code is approved, we will send an e-Code to you for you to apply the e-Visa online, kindly refer to visawebapp.boca.gov.tw to fill out the e-Visa applications and complete the payment of application fee online.